GPS and Depth


I'm adding a Raymarine ST50 Depth and a Magellan FX324 MAP Color chartplotter to the bulkhead of my Beneteau 235, to join my compass. But first, I have to plug the old holes. Videos and fully story after the break:






I had mentioned that the 3M DP-8005 was hard to find. To get it, I went to my go-to place for exotic (and they carry non-exotic) hardware and supplies. Grainger. Need a M4x16 machine-head bolt in stainless? They stock them in two alloys! Most good sized metro areas will have several locations. They are a B2B supplier, so they don't advertise much. Mere mortals can buy from them on what they call an 'accommodation account'. It's all good. Find them on the web HERE.

After I cut out the new hole for the GPS right in the middle of the old 4-inch holes, I test fit the plotter.


Not bad at all. Tomorrow I'll cover the old drill holes (they were 6 inches apart; I cannot image what they held in place) with gelcoat repair and seal and fasten the unit in place.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more.
    Cabo Yacht Rental

    ReplyDelete